Harrogate and Nidderdale District Scout Council take the issue of privacy seriously and we are committed to protecting and respecting our users’ privacy. This Privacy Statement sets out our current data processing practice.
While we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you transmit to Harrogate & Nidderdale District Scout Council and you are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords or other account information. In addition other Internet sites or services that may be accessible through Harrogate & Nidderdale District Scout Council have separate data and privacy practices independent of us, and therefore we disclaim any responsibility or liability for their policies or actions. Questions regarding the polices of 3rd parties should be directed to those vendors.
The Information do we collect
Any personal information you provide to us including and similar to your name, address, telephone number and e-mail address will not be released, sold, or rented to any entities or individuals outside of The Scout Association (UK).
Personal information collected on this website is used primarily for:
- To facilitate the placement of potential members within Scouting
- To enable us to contact prospective members and/or parents/carers to manage the placement into Scouting
We do not share details with any non-Scouting third parties apart from:
- Those we engage with to provide Scouting activities when they need information to be able to provide those activities; and
- Those third parties that we have contracts with as part of the normal administration of the Scout District.
We may share data supplied by you (or collected about you) with other parts of The Scout Association e.g. with Scout Association’s head office, within the Scout Area, Region, County, District or with other Scout Groups.
Disclosure of data by order of a Court and Security
We reserve the right to communicate a customer’s personal information as we hold to third parties who are empowered by regulation, statute or order of a court.
The Data Protection Act and General Data Protection Regulations
Data protection is currently regulated under the Data Protection Act (DPA), the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) will apply from the 25th May 2018.
You can obtain further information about data protection laws by visiting the Information Commissioner’s website at https://ico.org.uk/.
The Data Controller is the Harrogate & Nidderdale District Scout Council Trustee Board.
If you want to contact us to raise any questions about this privacy statement, or any general matters relating to https://www.harrogatescouts.org.uk/, you can contact us using this email address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you wish to request from us a copy of the personal data the District website holds about you please contact us on the above email address. We reserve the right (as is allowable under English law) to charge you a fee for providing this service.
Our use of Website statistics
- Type of user agent (web browser) used, software manufacture and version number.
- Type of operating system
- Time of visit
- Time spent on each page of the website
- Referring site statistics
- The website (URL) the user came through in order to arrive at this website (example: clicking on a hyperlink from bing.com that took the user to this website)
- Search engine query used (example: typing in a phrase into a search engine like Google, and clicking on a link from that search engine)
This data is captured to allow us to optimise our website for our visitors.
The following information is NOT included in the website statistics:
- Phone Numbers
- Email Addresses
- Mailing Addresses
- Bank Account Numbers
- Credit Card Information